Junayd has been attending J4K goalkeeper classes in Preston and Blackburn for over 3 years now. When he first started out he was an inexperienced goalkeeper. Now after having weekly one2ones’s and attending weekly goalkeeper classes Junayd is now an experienced goalkeeper who has become fitter and faster.
Junayd is now starting a new journey and is trying to get to America to help achieve his dream of being a professional goalkeeper.
I have loved playing football since primary school, kicking a ball at every opportunity. I joined a local junior football team aged 9. I was what many would call an overweight kid, so goalkeeper became my position by default! Without any real coaching, I was doing well and enjoyed my role.
I went to a sports focused secondary school. Aged 14 and still a little ‘overweight’ I applied for the school academy, which required to do GCSE PE. I was playing well in junior leagues, but the sports coach didn’t believe I had the ‘right tools’ to do well in PE. I didn’t get on the course and not play as the academy goalkeeper.
I started dedicated goalkeeper training twice a week, focused on my body issues and training. I developed successfully to progress my playing level to represent my college academy team in the English Colleges FA League, and for a semi-professional club youth team in the FA North West Youth Alliance League.
I have been offered a part funded, chance-of-a-lifetime invitation to the Michael Johnson Performance Center, for 6 months elite athletic and goalkeeper training, and work with the development team of FC Dallas of US Major League Soccer. I am grateful to have this opportunity. Please help me get there
The Athletic and Goalkeeper Training Development program will involve:
- Pre-Evaluation Structural Analysis
- Corrective Exercise Grid (Injury Protection Program)
- 5 Day Training Week in the Elite Program
- 3-4 high intensity training units – develop body strength & movement speed
- 1-2 low intensity training units – develop mobility and regeneration
- Vision/Sensory training 1-2 days per week
- One to one professional GK training in MJP/FC Dallas Program
- Physiotherapy, Contrast Hydro and Normatec Compression recovery sessions
- Performance testing to measure effectiveness and functional status
For more information on what Junayd is trying to do CLICK HERE